+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opal tinsel

I wanted to recap this thread and update it some. I went into Orvis recently and was looking for this material still on a local level. Check out the enclosed package and how they labeled the material and then guess which material was actually in that bag.

Look closely at how UTC labels both of their actual spools and then how Orvis labeled the product. No wonder there is confusion on fly tying materials.

The Orvis bag is labeled Flashback and UTC does have flashback and I have put a spool of Flashback Ice Blue Pearl in the photo but that is not what was in that bag. The bag contained the UTC Mirage Opal product. So now I have one spool in size small. Still looking for the same stuff in Medium without ordering it. $2 for a spool and $17.95 to ship - so I exagerate a little.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Arrow Compromise

Tie soom of the pattern in whatever tinsel you have and try it next trip. I like to take the word of experienced people myself , but if you are not fishing the same river stretches as they are you may have the pattern that works instead.

Angry

I believe this is another example of marketing strategy. Let's just ignore these tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Kunz View Post
    I believe this is another example of marketing strategy. Let's just ignore these tactics.
    The two colors are different Ray. If you just use white thread for everything cool, some of us like lots of toys to play with.

Substitue anything you wish, I do it often, but I actually wanted the other color as an option.

Wink Some amazing effects in the water !!!

The Opalescent Mirage TInsel has some amazeing UV effects in the water !!! I now use it on many new patterns I have designed as well as Copper Johns (Two Toned) !!! I love the Strike Triggers it creates !!!! NIce to mess with the fish's psyche !!!!!

+ Reply to Thread