+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how tall are you

6'4" 240 lbs.

The biggest problem, however, is my size 16 feet. Have to really stretch waders tight over my feet to get them on, which cuts off circulation, which leaves me with very cold and very numb feet.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Talking Land of the giants?

Quote Originally Posted by D. Micus View Post
    Sounds to me we have the making of a FAOL football team here!!!
    Dave, I have to agree. I feel like I'm in the land on the giants. On a good day, I just make it to 5'8". I can see that I'd better bring elevator shoes if I attend a fish-in. 8T BTW don't forget the basketball and volleyball teams.

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Waders are no problem, flat's pants with a slim waste that aren't floods are another matter.

Ride it like you stole it !

Best, Dave

Last edited by Dave E; 09-08-2011 at 03:28 PM.

I am around 6'1" to 6'2" depending on what wanted poster you are looking at. I have to get the XXL sizes that means they are just a bit to long. Shoes are the biggest problem. Size 14EE. I have to order all my shoes because there are no stores anywhere around here that sell anything over a 12. My fishing vest a got from Cabelas and it may be a bit short but works just fine.

Rocky

I'm 6'5", 250lbs. I wear a set of LL Bean Rapid River Waders & their wading boots. The XXL waders are almost a perfect fit lengthwise, not too baggy. My wading shoes are sz. 14, 1 size over my shoe size. I have an Orvis Tackle Pac vest & it's a perfect size, It's like the shorty vest my buddy wears. Good Rain gear is a problem as I have to go with the few brands that make a jacket large enough to fit over me while I'm wearing my vest. That means going to the premium manufacturers & paying my left arm & right leg for them.....$250.00 for a raincoat........ I'm not that nuts........

Jeez I feel like a shrimp around here. 5'9" on a good day. I am not saying how much I weigh. I don't need my doctor reading about my weight on here. Hard enough trying to cheat the scales now that she has those fancy digital ones.

No issues finding waders. I like the Simms G3s.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

6-3 220 no problems with clothes,wife shops for them.Simms waders

Talking

"The bigger they come, the faster I run," is a saying that has gotten me this far in life...

Reading this I was just gonna say we need to set up a football team but someone beat me to it

I'm 6'6" 330lbs. Waders are the hardest thing for me to find a good fit in. I've had Simms XXL King, Cabelas XXL and some other brands but tryin to find some that fit a 36"+ inseam 42" waist and upper body with layers of fleece on during steelhead season is a P.I.T.A So this spring I said screw it and bought myself a pair of "waist high" waders so I don't have as many fit issues. Good thing is I'm so tall "waist deep" to me is Chest deep to all my friendslol

Vests are another thing that's a pain for guys our size. Only one that I have found that fits good is a 4XL and try finding that in a Simms or WJ..so I use Cabelas because they come in sizes that fit.

Wading boots are another issue. I wear a size 14 and could use a 15 in some brands. But most only go to 13 in shops and "special order" 14

Breathable rain coats are a pain as well. After years of trying different ones I finally found a 4XL made by Browning and sold through Cabela's that actually fits me in length/girth/arm sleeve length.

Steve

Red face

Midwest Custom Fly Rods
    sence I started this thread, I better put my 2 cent in, I am 6 foot 7 inches minus old age and gravity, for wader I have watermaster by patigonia (spelled somethin like that) in my50 and 250++ which fit my 36" inseam very nicely, I found that patigonia seem to cater to the larger fellow or gal. Shoe size not so much a problem size 13. best joke wading deep in a lake and telling some one I was only 5' 6" and watched them swimm(person was a real pain casted over my line when I was trying to land a fish. guess I a little vendictive.
    Ghost.

+ Reply to Thread