Thread: Fiberglass rod swap interest?

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Fiberglass rod swap interest?

Anyone interested in a fiberglass rod swap similar to the tadpole swap we did earlier this year? I have a different blank in mind this time. It is something a bit longer, and will cast 5/6/7 weight line. There will be no need to add ferrules, since the blank comes as a 2 piece. You will be able to purchase all of the components for less than $50 (shipped to you), but that number doesn't include thread, finish or glue. The blank is here: http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/fibergl...710400009.aspx

I don't know yet if it makes sense to order as a group, since any discount will likely balanced by the second round of shipping, but I will check all the options to see if we can reduce costs. However, if everone orders their own components individually, you will come in under $50.
    I'm not asking for signups right now. I'm looking at how many would be seriously interested, and then I can go through the scenarios. I think this would be a good project to do over the winter months, with rods due in January or February.

Right now, I think that having an order list put together so that everyone has the exact same components is the way to go. We can give each builder the choice between chrome or black hardware, and then let each builder come up with their own thread/wrapping/construction. And, as always, I'm open to hearing suggestions and thoughts on the matter. Brad (Kaboom1), I'd especially like to hear any input you may have, since the tadpole swap you put together went off so well from my perspective.
    Last edited by ol' blue; 09-09-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)