+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transom Mount/shaft only from old dead trolling motor

Hybrid View

Default Transom Mount/shaft only from old dead trolling motor

Would like to find or get the metal shaft and transom mount from an old dead trolling motor. Just cut off the head and motor. All I would like is the shaft and the transom mount. This is to mount on my 8' Pond Hopper boat...with a pulley hanging from it with an anchor. I can install a rope ratchet near my seat and pull it up.....and the rope ratchet will hold it while I am on the move. I can just push the button on the rope ratchet and the anchor will drop and the rope ratchet will hold it when ever I release the button.

Can take a picture if needed. I already did it on one end of my boat. Want to do another anchor on the other end.

Now I suppose I won't get one. You'll probably use it your self! <grin>

Works sweeeeet!

Jim'
    Those rope ratchets are handy aren't they...

Why not just mount a pulley...that's what I did when I had a toon....but then I had a bar I could hang it from.

I've pondered that Phil. My boat is a plastic foam filled. Not too sure how to "mount" a pully...that will keep the anchor clear of water. I figure I can make a 6" long piece of sheet metal and mount it on my boat just like the transom mount has. And then add the other anchor.

My boat has a transom mount on both ends. The rear end was easy to mount a trolling motor mount and shaft. So I hung an anchor from it. (I turned the head around on the trolling motor and use it on the FRONT of my boat and go forward.) I lucked out and got a very old shaft that had a curve in it. Placed the curved side on the topside....and holds anchor out of water nicely. I can mount the same on the front right point of my boat.

I KNOW there are a lot of old dead trolling motors out there. I just have to find me one. It's what I would prefer.
    Last edited by Gemrod; 09-08-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Just realized I only need the transom mount. I can stick any old pipe in it and bolt it in place permanently. Just would like to get a transom mount for my boat. That's all I need.

+ Reply to Thread