+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly Vest Question - Fishpond Wasatch

Default Fly Vest Question - Fishpond Wasatch

Greetings fellow anglers, I am looking for any information regarding the vest from Fishpond. Do any of you folks have one? How is it? Do you like it? Are the pockets situated in a bad spot for casting or playing fish?? Is it worth the money (150.00)? Any opinions you may have from experience would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Ephemera - E. J.

I have one and LOVE it. It is WELL worth the money.

I've never had a problem with the pockets getting in the way at all. I like the bigger pockets because they give you a place to prop your arms if they get tired. Plus, they hold the bigger boxes that are avialable now. There are also tons of smaller pockets to stash smaller things in.

I've fished mine for a little over a year now and I would not trade it for anything on the market.

No, I don't work for Fishpond.

------------------
    Ken

"The memory of a fisherman is more like fiction than journalism, that is, it doesn't ignore the facts, but it is not entirely bound by them, either."

John Gierach

I have the Gore Range vest which is pretty similar but without the backpack and hydration bladder. I like it very much. I don't have a problem with the pockets getting in the way at all. The Fishpond gear is non-traditional in appearance but everything I've handled has been very well made.

I'd recommend it.

Thanks lot for the response, that was the information I needed. Take care, e.j.

I have the Fishpond Glacier. It's very well made and well thought out -- I love the extra mesh pouches for wet wading shoes and waders. It took me awhile to get everything adjusted right and the chest pockets in teh right places, but I have no trouble with them getting in the way. I'm hoping Fishpond has reps at the show in Denver tomorrow so I can get more foam inserts for the built-in fly boxes.
    DANBOB

+ Reply to Thread