So far, I've only used the Blue Sky furled leaders, not brave enough to tackle furling my own, and without a local shop that sells them (had to travel out of state to get the three I have now).

I have one set up for dry fishing and the method I used was a combination of Watershed and Mucilin. I know you said you didnt want to mess with it, but I suspect the watershed has more to do with the leader's great performance so far.

When I brought the leader home, I simply uncoiled it and worked as much watershed into it as it would take. It was literally wet to the touch, and a small droplet of the stuff collected on the tippet-end. I let it sit for an hour or three till it was mostly dry, then I'd hit it again...three or four coatings, in all. Then I gooped it up with Mucilin, coiled it back up and put it in the bag.

When I was ready to fish it, I just ran it between my fingers to remove the excess Mucilin and it's performed great ever since (several months). Ocasionally, when fishing fast, ripply water for a long time, it'll start to take on water, but if I catch it quick, a fast coat of the orvis gel floatant I carry streamside keeps it going. Gotta catch it quick, though. Once its sinking and waterlogged, the only remedy is to let it dry out fully and reapply floatant.