+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bassin it with chadpro67

Hybrid View

Default bassin it with chadpro67

a new guy just joined my forum and he just started flyfishing. he just got a fly rod combo and needed some help learning so I told him I take him out and show him a few things. he ended up catching 6 fish and I got into 5. we got some smallies and rock bass and I got a creek chub also. we even seen some great scenery! we seen a bald eagle flying down the river and even the bikini hatch was in full swing! notice my buddy in the pic is not watching his flyline for strikes! haha!! we even seen some topless girls playing in the water around the next bend!!! sorry guys! I got no pix of them tho! haha. all in all a great day to be out there! asked my buddy how he liked fly fishing and he said he is hooked 4 life!!! thanks to the bikini babes!! jk! haha

God Put Fly Fishing Here For You And Me! Take Advantage Man! Take Advantage!
    AKA GeorgeMcFly

Ohio is afire with Smallie action, thanks for posting.

Get going on the topwater (Gurgle Pops), they are a slashing and mashing them....several 30+ days in the last 2 weeks!

never tried me top water too much. might give it a go! I just got to make up some gurgle pops or something! got a recipe?
    AKA GeorgeMcFly

I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

thanks for the recipe! any fav colors to use?
    AKA GeorgeMcFly

Bass_Bug Guest

Fisha,

Great pics!

I live south of Colunbus and we have our fair share of smallie fishing down here. The Big Darby Creek crosses I-71 about 10 miles south of of I-270 and is known for it's smallie action. Not just locally, I saw it listed as a top smallie water is a Small Mouth Bass book svereal years ago, written by eithet Lefty Kreh or Harry Murry. They both have fly fishing books for bass taht I've read.

I've seen a bikini hatch or two and the nearby state park lakes, but never a toplees hatch! Might have take a road trip up towards Lake Erie and check out the action sometime!

+ Reply to Thread