About a month or so ago I finished building a 6' 2 piece Tiger Eye 3 weight. I mess it up so bad that I leaned it in the corner and tried to forget it. I had tried to cast a 3 weight line with it and, probably because of my casting stroke, it just didn't perform worth a hoot. Maybe because it has 3 1/2" broken off of the tip section. The guide wraps turned out atrocious and I'm just not at all pleased with it. Well, yesterday I got to thinking. Maybe because the tip was broken off short it won't cast a 3 weight like it should. Maybe just maybe, it would handle a 4 weight OK. So I took it out to my practice yard with a WF4F and gave it a whirl. Turns out that rod is so fast with a 4 weight that you would need time lapse photography to capture it's performance. I've truly never cast a rod this fast. Loops are tighter than I'm used to and I managed 60' with a moderate haul. Am I pleased with the rod. Let me just say that I don't care what it looks like, I'll definitlely fish this rod. I think I'll call it the "Crimson Bullet." I'm pleased, very pleased.