+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: deer hair bass swap

Bass_Bug Guest

Sorry you got hit so hard, but glad to hear you're on the upside. As long as we know you're alive and doing better thats all that matters. Thanks for checking in thats all I was asking for. Now hurry up and get well soon!

Blog Entries

Dave, wow, I am so sorry to hear you were in the hospital. I have been covered up with other swaps, and I finally got caught up. I thought I would check in for any news. I had what I think was the swine flu too, and I was sick for a solid 3 weeks. I hope you get well asap!
    Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    iam sorry about this everyone. i spent a couple of days in the hospital with the swin flu and i was sent home on saterday. i have to back to the doctors tommorrow and see what they say. the res tof my family is fine. iam gonna put the flys together today and try to have them back out to every on tommorrow. ive never been late on a swap before and iam truley sorry about this every on. i hope this wont stop any one from joining another swap i host. thanks dave

OK, boys, here's the only good thing I can say about getting older ( except maybe that we drink a better brand of bourbon ( Bass_bug excepted)...apparently, those of us in our early 60's and beyond developed an immunity when this mess showed up in the early 50's.
    Dave, glad to hear you're on the mend. No apologies, brother.
    Coughlin
    Calling flyfishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.
    Paul Schullery

Blog Entries

I had the swine flu in the late 70's. If it did me any good immunity wise I am surprised. My daughter and I both got it, and I was sick longer than she was. My son never got it, and I don't know how he squeaked out of that one. He must have a high immune system is all I can say. I will be fifty in Dec.

just wanted to let you everyone know that the flys are being sent out on wensday. and iam sending every one an extra fly for the wait its not a bassbug but i hope you guys will like the fly the reason i wanted to do this swap is because i dont tie that many deer hair flys i always thought that thay was to hard so my flies might not be as great as yours guys flies but thats what these swaps are for is to push your self to learn some thing new and to become a better tyer thats how i feel about it. and thank you guys for wishing me to get better thats means a lot to me. thats what i like about this place not only to you get to meet some amazing fly tyers but you get to meet some really nice people along the way and i consinder all of yous my friends and like family so thank you guys and let me know when you get the flys. sincerly david
    i wish every one fun and the most bites on the stream and see you out there. davidm

Blog Entries

Thanks for the update. You must be feeling better. Wednesday is just fine. I agree with you about swaps. I cannot wait to see the flies. Take care David.
    Ms Kelly aka Kelkay

Bass_Bug Guest

Exclamation status?

Another week and a half gone by, and it's been over 6 weeks past the "flies are due to me by october 15" mailing deadline. So what's the status of the swap?

Blog Entries

I have no idea on what the status of the swap is. I think that we should have had them in by now. I do not know if he sent them or not.

Bass_Bug Guest

Another week since my last post and still no word. I do hope everything is ok, just want to know whats going on. Since no swappers have posted that they received them, nor did the Meister post he sent them, I think it's safe to say the flies have not gone out yet.

Bass_Bug Guest

Thumbs down Where are the flies?

It's been 10 more days since my last post requesting an update and still no word....from anyone!!! Since no one else is asking what's going on I take it everyone else has just given up on this swap and forgot about it?

I do hope everything is ok, but when one starts a swap they have an obligation to see it through in a timely fashion. Sorry 2 months after the "flies to me by" is not a timely fashion.

David if you have not divided the flies up yet, at this point I would appreciate it if you would just return my flies.

Frustrated? Very much so! This was not a simple dry fly swap that only took a couple minutes per fly.
    Last edited by Bass_Bug; 12-15-2009 at 02:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread