+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Apology- I Did a Bad Thing...

Congrats on the moose! One thing for sure, the "memories" certainly get ground into your geet after field dressing a moose

There's more moose mane where it came from.....all you need is a nuther tag

Congrats on bagging the moose. Don't worry too much about leaving the mane.

Now had you said you bagged some wood ducks and left the flank feathers ... well .......
    Take Care ...
    Steve
    \><((((((*>

It is illegal to shoot a moose in water in my home province (Newfoundland)...............probably due to the animals left to rot after the hunter relised the work he/she has infront of them.

speaking of moose......................I could use some lower belly hair of a calf..........for my hairwings
    Last edited by 126barnes; 09-03-2009 at 12:32 PM.
    Barnes

hap ill trade you some wood duck flank for moose mane any day!
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Blog Entries

Normally I have lots of mane... I probably can find plenty, but would prefer to have enough to send out to a number of folks at once...

First, congratulations on your son's first moose!

Here's a true story. I was with a buddy when he was bow hunting for deer. I had a flintlock rifle and was hunting squirrells. In Kentucky at that time, the bow season and early squirrel season had overlap.

About noon or so, I started walking back to the truck for lunch. I saw my buddy all hot, sweaty, jacket off, shirt unbuttoned and totally out of breath. He had just drug a deer about 300 yards up a very steep brush covered hill.

I asked him why he was dragging the deer up that hill. His asnwer was to get it to the truck.

The truck was parked at the BOTTOM of the hill he just drug the deer up. When we went to get the truck, the gut pile was about 50 yards away from the tailgate of the truck.

Needless to say, he was somewhat unhappy with his wasted effort.

Jeff

Blog Entries

Like the old joke about the guy dragging his deer by the hind legs meeting a thinker...

"You would find the deer a lot easier to drag if you pulled him by the antlers" says the thinker.

Some time later the dragger admits the deer does drag much better with the hair... But he is getting MUCH farther from his truck...
    art

Quote Originally Posted by hap View Post
    Like the old joke about the guy dragging his deer by the hind legs meeting a thinker...

"You would find the deer a lot easier to drag if you pulled him by the antlers" says the thinker.

Some time later the dragger admits the deer does drag much better with the hair... But he is getting MUCH farther from his truck...
    art
    It may be old but I haven't heard it....my laugh for the night

+ Reply to Thread