I live about 35 minutes from Chattanooga, right across the Ga. border in the Cohutta Wilderness. I'm on Grassy Mountain. We have several hundred miles of wilderness streams here, most of which are hike-in only (there are few roads here), and most have both stocked and wild brown and rainbow trout, as well as incredibly vicious smallmouth bass. At the top of Grassy Mountain, there are 3 or 4 small lakes (Lake Conasauga, Lake Murray and Peeples Lake) that also have good fishing, with trout, bass, catfish and mean bluegills and redears( I also shoot beavers there). Just take I-75 south from Chattanooga, across the border to the Dalton/Rocky Face exit. Go right at the bottom of the ramp and follow US 41 to US 76 (Walnut St.). Go left (east) and follow it to Ga. 286 (next light). Go left again and stay on 286. As it crosses US 411, it becomes CCC Camp Rd. Continue to follow it (bear left at the split) and when the sign says "Pavement Ends", take it to heart! It will become a very small dirt road (Forest Service Road 7) and continue up the mountain. From there, just pick any spot along the streamns, or park at any of the the trail-heads and walk in. There's even 3 or 4 big waterfalls back here. It's some of the most beautiful, relatively unspoiled country I've seen in this part of the US.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Semper Fi!