After you mentioned the site, I looked at it, and they do have some great flies. I am making carp carrot flies today. This is not my pattern. I am taking it off of his site, and off of http://themrpblog.blogspot.com/2009/...rp-carrot.html (Mr. P's Carp Carrot). I do not have the hackle they mention. But I have some Hungarian Partridge...it is natural. So what I did is use a yellow highlighter, and colored the feathers. If they hold the color I will be surprised. Carp from looking at carp flies lately seem to like buggy stuff, and nymph patterns, and of course crayfish type stuff. They love bead chain eyes, dubbing, and the colors orange and green/rusty brown. These are my observations. A while back I made a Sister Carol's Carp fly. I also have a few San Juan worms I made a while back. I read they like them too. A couple I made with a bead in the middle. Now, all I need to do is find the carp around here and try these patterns out.
P.S. Yes, that roughfly site is really good. It is inspirational. I may have to tie some of those patterns up too.