Thread: Absolute joy!

Threaded View

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Talking Absolute joy!

Are you ever just elated that you tie your own flies? I had that feeling today, not just happiness but pure joy. I was getting ready to head up to the mountains and do a little trout fishing tomorrow when I look in my nymph box and found that I was almost out of really small nymphs. I'm not expecting a lot of action from the trout because of the heat and the low water. DNR won't be stocking the area until September or October so I'll most likely catch some beautiful montains, a few hatching bugs, some moving water and a deep feeling of peace. Still and all, I didn't want to go without some #18-#22 nymphs. I sat down for a very pleasant 90 minutes and whipped up 2 dozen thread nymphs in different sizes and configurations. It was sure nice to have exactly what I wanted without searching for a fly shop open on Sunday. Tying your own is so great! Also paying $30-$40 for 24 hooks and 10 yards of thread would have killed half the Scottish genes in my body. Fly tying is nothing short of super duper great! 8T
    Last edited by Eight Thumbs; 08-31-2009 at 02:43 PM.