The PA Fish Commission changed the rules for Trout Fishing in 2006 and eliminated the Heritage and Delayed Harvest Fly Fishing Only designations. The new designation which combines the old Heritage and Delayed Harvest Fly Fishing Only monikers is Catch & Release, Fly Fishing Only.

That means that places like Clark?s Creek & the Bushkill are now totally catch & release so there should be more fish at the end of the season. Not that Clark?s needs any more fish but the Bushkill can get sparse toward the end of the year.

Also the barbless hook requirement is no more for former Heritage waters like the Little Lehigh, Letort, Slate Run, Falling Springs, etc.

The bad news is that unless local restrictions prevent it; wading will be permitted in the Little Lehigh and Fisherman?s Paradise. I have been assured that it won?t happen on the Little Lehigh since the City of Allentown owns the property and has no intention of allowing wading but I have no idea about Fisherman?s Paradise.

Despite proposing elimination; they also left in effect the time restrictions of one hour before sunrise; one hour after sunset for the Catch & Release FFO waters so I guess I?ll still be breaking the law when I keep those late hours on the late spring evenings.