+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB Brushbeater 3wt

Hybrid View

Default WTB Brushbeater 3wt

Looking for a small stream 3wt rod in the 7-8 foot range. On a budget of $100 or less. I tend to favor the often older, more moderate actions of the old ST. Croix Imperials, avids, Sage DS2, Diamondback All American or the old unsanded Orvis rods. No Asian made rods need apply.

Thanks ya'll,

aa
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

I think I have found one on e-bay...we'll see how the bidding goes.

aa

Well, I's still looking!

aa

I would consider the Cabelas 3-Forks 3pc 3wt. It's $50ish (haven't seen latest catalog). I own three of these little rods and more and more I find myself using them over my other 3wts. I gave one to my younger son who keeps it in his Jeep and my other soon took one to school with him. Wow, I'm down to one, better go buy another.

Do a Web search for this rod and you'll find it favorably reviewed.
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

I'll second the Cabela's Three Forks rods. Just bought a 5-wt and LOVE it! For 100 bucks, you can get rod and reel setup ready to fish, if you want to even go that route.

appalachian angler - check your PMs

+ Reply to Thread