This is just a suggestion to the administrators, I don't even know if it is possible but...

...would a FAOL Wiki page, be of any value to this site and its members?

What I mean by a Wiki page is a section where certain topics could be addressed and definitions and information would be available. The purpose of the Wiki page is so members with questions that seem to be constantly asked, have a place to get that information without having to post a question that seems to get posted weekly.

Allow me to explain, on some other websites I visit, there are Wiki pages where common topics of discussion are featured. For example, if the website is dedicated to cooking, there may be a Wiki page about "seasoning cast iron cookware" or "how to make perfect hard boiled eggs". That way, when someone posts the inevitable weekly question: "How Do I Season My Cast Iron Frying Pan"; other members can direct them to the Wiki page titled, "Seasoning Cast Iron Cookware". Wiki pages also have the advantage of being editable by others so information can be kept current and relevant.

Just like the repetitiveness of paper fly fishing magazines, it seems the same questions get asked over and over again by visitors to FAOL. I don't want to seem like a curmudgeon who doesn't want to help, but I can tell that it does get boring to many folks to constantly repeat and recreate instructions, information and tips, or search for a link to a previous thread to answer a question that was posted only a few weeks prior. I also notice that the number of responses to those repetitive questions seems to be directly related to the number of times the question is asked.

If the Wiki option isn't available, how about just another location within FAOL where this encyclopedia of fly fishing information can reside and be easily found?

I can envision FAOL Wiki pages like:
  • How to Find Leaks in Breathable Waders
  • How to Repair Loose Felt Soles on Wading Shoes
  • How to Clean Dirty Cork Grips
  • How to Use a Whip Finish Tool
  • The Different Types of Fly Tying Thread
  • Furled Leaders, A-Z
  • How to Get Stuck Ferrules Apart
You get the idea. Again, it's not that I don?t want to help folks out looking for answers; it's just that I think having something like this on FAOL would benefit everyone and make FAOL even easier to navigate and enjoy.

Any thoughts?