+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone deal with depression?

BBW-

Should you need a reason to travel, please come out to VA and I'll do my best to help you increase your number of fishing hours. That can't hurt, right?

Marty

BBW pick-me up on the way to VA!
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
    Went to a site about depression and here are the symptoms! Damn near everything I stated or experience!

Constant sadness
    Irritability
    Hopelessness
    Trouble sleeping
    Low energy or fatigue
    Feeling worthless or guilty for no reason
    Significant weight change
    Difficulty concentrating
    Loss of interest in favorite activities

I'd say I have from that list:
    -sadness
    -hopelessness
    -trouble sleeping !!
    -low energy
    -severe feeling of worthlessness
    -Nope, no weight change
    -severe difficulty concentrating
    -very much loss of interest in activities. Haven't even started my dirt bike in 6 months. Rode once or twice in the past year(and that was just around the block). No real rides at all.

Not good

BBW, those can also be symptoms of sleep apnea. You might wish to have a sleep study done.

Ed

I had all of above for many years now, theres alot more to it than that in my case, Get to your doc, there are several meds that work , its a matter of finding the right one for you.bottom line , get to the doc, if you don't like what hes telling you , go to another one till you get the help you need.
    wishing you the best,
    heinrich
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

Blog Entries

At least get a check up. My dad had many of those symptoms including fatigue, and stopped doing things he's always done (including car and home maintenence), and ended up with a heart attack and quad bypass. The fatigue and memory problems were from the blockage. After the bypass and healing time, he's back to normal.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
    Went to a site about depression and here are the symptoms! Damn near everything I stated or experience!

Constant sadness
    Irritability
    Hopelessness
    Trouble sleeping
    Low energy or fatigue
    Feeling worthless or guilty for no reason
    Significant weight change
    Difficulty concentrating
    Loss of interest in favorite activities

I'd say I have from that list:
    -sadness
    -hopelessness
    -trouble sleeping !!
    -low energy
    -severe feeling of worthlessness
    -Nope, no weight change
    -severe difficulty concentrating
    -very much loss of interest in activities. Haven't even started my dirt bike in 6 months. Rode once or twice in the past year(and that was just around the block). No real rides at all.

Not good
    I feel for ya BBW. After looking at the list I think I'm in the same boat with ya.. Or pontoon, or canoe, or whatever.... Anyways it explains a lot. Hope you start feeling better soon.
    May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing~

BBW,
    First off and most importantly, I'm no doctor. Simply gonna relay a personal experience for what it's worth. I'm just few months from your age. Read a book year ago b/c I felt many of things you do. Had been feeling this way for long time and knew something just wasn't right. Main feeling was disappointment that I was becoming someone I didn't like too much. I seemed irritable all the time and difficult to get along with but there were lots of other emotions as well. The book is "The Irritable Male Syndrome". Am sorry I can't remember the author's name. Wife says it's made me a new person and I certainly feel much better. Book essentially talks about a real or perceived "male menopause". (I produce less testosterone but my brain still wants to be the big hunter/gatherer. Hence, there's an internal struggle of not accepting the change, which can manifest itself in ways that are hard to understand or accept.) There's much more to it than the hormone issue and why the book is worth a read. Voodoo? I don't know but the book simply gave a perspective and some explanations (and remedies) that made sense to me. Just please don't ignore how you feel, BBW, or think you can work your self out of it. Am convinced it digs the hole deeper. Find what works for you my friend!
    Grassman

Blog Entries

Great advice given....especially the part about not being alone....and about the feeling that it will never end OR that things won't get better....but that both will come to pass; it will get better and end....and finally seeking professional help....that it shows strength not weakness....hope all works out BBW....fly fishing can't hurt either
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

I feel SO MUCH better now that I have talked about it to you good people and a few close friends and my Doctor.

Have an appt to see him next week!

My sincerest thanks to each and everyone of you. I hope this helps not only me but anyone that reads this and chooses to move on to a 'cure'.

I will look for that book and who knows may make a trip to Va for some fishin'. I have some great friends in Md that I need to visit anyway.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Cool man. I'm serious - shoot, gives me a reason to take a couple days off work.

I hope your progress is swift!

+ Reply to Thread