I bought a new vise recently a Dyna-King Barracuda. When it arrived I unpackaged it and put it in a prominent place in my tying area where you could see it easily.

Mean while the neighbor kid, one of my son's friends has been accompanying us on fly fishing trips and wanted to learn how to tie better. I told my wife he had his own equipment and the other day he was over and we were tying together. He was using my Peak and I was tying on the Barracuda.

I ended up buying the kid a gift. Just a small tackle box to put his vise in and some materials to get better organized. It was a 3 shelved Plano tackle box - no big deal. I'm cutting chenille, and rubber legs and giving him some older neck patches that I don't use any longer and then show my wife the care package that I made for him, WHEN she asks if I was going to put HIS vise in the box too? True story, swear - Momma thought that Barracuda was the neighbor kids.

I had to fess up and tell her that was my vise, just like I hear about those old shoes she keeps ending up with.

I thought that you might be able to relate to such a story and would see the humor in it. I'm just glad that she didn't send him home with my vise. Now that would have been a kick in the pants.