+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My disappointment with FAOL

Default My disappointment with FAOL

I've been pondering this for some time now. As my articulating skills are not the greatest I kept putting it off. But it needs to be said. This site has a collection of members from all walks of life, male and female. I visit on a daily basis here...my day just wouldn't seem right without my "daily shot". I lived in Va but never went to the Mtn streams. I lived in Cal and never went to the streams and I lived in Ohio and never went to the ponds. I lived in Kentucky for six months while training for Texas Roadhouse but never set foot in a stream.

I have visited all those places and more through the generosity of the FAOL folks. I have wet waded with John Scott and couldn't wait for the next adventure!!! Through all your eyes I have been wherever you have been and I am deeply humbled by the experience and am forever grateful. Met a great bunch of FAOLers at the Pa Fish in. Was treated like family !!!

I am 63 years old and my greatest disappointment is that I will not be able to meet all of you and share in the joy of being one with nature and getting to know you better. Your generosity towards others is just overwhelming.

What a great place to be and a great time to be alive..... thank you one and all !

Sincerely
    Bernie

Thumbs up

Wow Bernie what a wonderful sentiment ,

There truly is something to be said about living vicariously
    and you have stated it most eloquently.

A true fact indeed..

Thanks for telling...

Steve
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Talking

Bernie,

I noticed you have not posted your mugshot in the FAOL
    family album, what's up with that??

Post your Mug on FAOL here
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Farleycat. Thanks for the post. You said what I imagine a lot of us would if we had thought of it.
    Stuck out here in the desert as I am I live day to day on FAOL adventures. Sometimes there's even soap operas and sometimes romance. When I get to go fishing I get to contribute to that forum too.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Thumbs up

Farleycat thank you for not just sitting somewhere and just thinking that, but also taking the time to put it into words on here... I feel the same way, I like very much sharing fishing trips with others online here...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Bernie,
    Thanks for the kind words. It is truly a blessing being part of a family like ours isn't it? I feel the same way you do and I thank you for stating my feelings so eloquently. I hope to see you on the stream one day brother.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Bernie, I agree 100%

If I could have my ideal summer, it would involve going to every fish-in sponsored by FAOL just to meet the members, I would travel to each one via motorhome just to stop by and fish with members along the way.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Well, Bernie, I'm a newcomer to FAOL. But I do know quality when I find it.
    And I find it here.
    I find it in folks just like you, who might think you have a hard time articulating what you want to say, but come through it with grace and style.
    I'm not at all new to the Internet, nor to writing, or sharing my thoughts whether deep or stormy, or friendly or even father or brotherly.
    It comes with use. So you post right up Bernie, share your inner self and thoughts freely. Nobody can find fault with that.
    And enjoy everything you find in FAOL. It has a quality that fulls and satisfy's, a Friendship.
    Even if folks drift and come back, it's really heart filling to read of how the old Friends welcome them with open arms when they return. That's all a part of a natural flux with forums like this, and with folks in general.
    FAOL... Quality... like you, Bernie!
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

Very well said indeed Bernie. I too wish I could fish with all here someday, and share with them the wonderful food they have provided us with pictures of and given us recipes for. A wonderful community of great fishers and great chefs. My warmest thoughts go out to each and everyone of you .

Bernie, my thanks to you for sharing in words what so many of us feel.

Rocky

Blog Entries

well put.....one of the reasons I keep coming back too is the people on here
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

+ Reply to Thread