Thread: Anyone else having trouble with the FOTW?

Threaded View

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Question Anyone else having trouble with the FOTW?

Hey Folks,

Before I express my issue of concern please allow me to say that I don't wish to pick on, offend or upset anyone. I deeply appreciate Ron's continuous efforts as our computer guy and greatly admire anyone who has published a Fly of the Week. In fact the FOTW is one of my favorite features. I haven't submitted a FOTW but consider people with multiple submissions, like John Scott to be the heart of soul of FAOL. My problem is this---I CAN HARDLY SEE THE PHOTOS ANY MORE BECAUSE OF THE SMALL PICTURE SIZE. Important tying details are just plain lost because of the new, small size. The new standard size for photos seems to be around 7 cm X 5.5 cm or 38.5 square centimeters. The problem of lost detail can be clearly seen in this week's Fly Of The Week. In one of the photo's the red and black clips are attached to the body material and they are doing something but darn if I can visually determine the operation or the method. We haven't always had pictures this small. The tiny pictures seem to have occurred in the last few weeks. Look at the Foam Back Royal Humpy from a couple of weeks ago. The instructional pictures are a big, beautiful and clear 16 cm X 12 cm or 192 square centimenters. That's almost FIVE times larger than the current pictures. Details are clear and easily seen. Let's get back to that larger size where even old guys can see what's going on. Once again this is not intended make anyone feel bad particularly our wonderful contributors or Ron. This post is a plea to keep the FOTW large enough to be easily used by our older, senior members, like me. Any one else having difficulty with the small pictures? Just my 2% of a dollar. Hopefully a few other members will agree. 8T
    Last edited by Eight Thumbs; 08-26-2009 at 06:36 PM.