Just received the last two rods Apache Trout posted for sale. Wow what outstanding craftsmanship. Not the fancy ones you will see in magazines. But just outstanding quality of a custom built rod.

You guys that passed on these two rods just don't know what you missed out on.

Hat's off to Apache Trout for outstanding quality rods. I already had 3-4 of his rods and knew what I was getting.

I hate to drive the value up....but it is what it is man. Give credit where credit is due. If it is the action, weight, and length of rod you want.....you won't ever regret buying one of his rods. I just wish I could afford to order rods custom built for me from him. I happen to prefer a different grip, and guides, and I could specify how far up from the grip I prefer the first striper guide. But I love his rods. I couldn't pass them up. I don't have the kind of money to order custom rods built for me....although I don't know what he charges to build a rod when, you specify all the components. Maybe I just need to ask. What an idea!

I will tell you this. If you can afford to order custom rods, and you want to specify all the specs...you won't ever regret having Lanny build it for you. Guranteed.

Anyway I am sure glad I got the last two rods. He had two on the for sale board and I bought boaf of them.

Jim