Well folks. I've shared with a few of you on my friends list, but I need to let you know.
Since our grandson was born on August 5, things around here started hopping.
My wife's mother had a bad fall and was found by her grandson. We were out of town because of the baby and got the message on voice mail. She was in ICU for 4 days with heart and breathing problems. They finally put her back in a room but had to make arraingments to be transferred to a Nursing home because she could not sit up or take care of herself. My wife was planning to bring her home and was making plans for that when we got the call that she had passed away at 5:30 AM on thursday. I took the call and had to wake up my wife to give her the news. Our son showed up at that moment. He works graveyard shift and stopped by for a cup of coffee on his way home. We told her together. Since then we have been very busy with all the preperations, folks calling, coming by and things.
Services are on Wednesday at our church. Marie was 85, lived independantly til the end and had a great life. Thanks for listening. Jim