I had a great time during my time in Yellowstone Park. My buddy and I fished the Lamar River, the Soda Butte, floated the Yellowstone River and ended our vacation on Armstrong Creek in Paradise Valley. The scenery is incredible and I kept telling my buddy it's like fishing in a postcard. We saw 2 grizzly bears, black bears, pronghorned antelopes, goats, buffalos, assorted birds, elk, coyotes, etc. The fishing was slow the first weekend because of very cold air and water temps, although we managed to catch our share of fish. We landed cutthroats, cutbows, rainbows and browns. I even caught a brook trout on Yellowstone River, which our guide said was only the fourth one he has seen on that part of the river near Livingston. By Tuesday the air and water heated up and the hatches began.. The major ones were the PMDs (sparse), plenty of BWOs, Flavs and Sulfers. Along with those flies, we did very well on brown and black ants, beetles, F.E.B. hoppers and Chaos Hoppers. The hoppers and ants worked surprisingly well, even during the cold spell. I CAUGHT MY LARGEST FISH (CUTTHROAT 18 INCHES) ON AN F.E.B. HOPPER. I tied it with a tan body, yellow legs and mixed olive, dark olive and tan antron to make the furled body. It fished very, very well. I will post some photos for those interested as soon as I get the software program and pictures loaded on my computer. Thanks to all that contributed to my trip with their generous information.

P.S. I am more than satified with my Olympus 1050SW. It takes great photos and will even be better as I learn more about the menus. I studied hard for 2 weeks prior to my trip and took the manual with me. The only think I'm not satisfied with are the Macro settings. My old Konica was a lot easier to use.

Bruce