Fishing at dusk at the dam. Hear a little girl yelling in the woods on the other side of the lake for mommy mommy. Keep wondering what is going on. There are no camps over there, no roads, no access....? Is this just a kid that fell down or child abuse going on or what? I keep listening and fishing. And stop fishing and listen. Cannot make out the reason for the wailings. Stops for a bit and starts in again. Finally decided to stop fishing and hike over there and check it out. Could be a bunch of men or who knows what. This lake is said to not be safe after dark as the dopies go there. Anyway I walk softly and quietly so I can hear. Keep going. I find a little 2-3 year old girl down among the rocks where there used to be water. She was actually wailing because she was lost, exhausted, and not on good old tierra firma but falling around in the big rocks where water used to be. She was down and silent. I spotted her pink shirt. Went and fetched her, cleaned all the snot and tears and stuff off her face. A little Indian girl. Ask her questions and she cannot answer. You could hear this yelling all over the lake but No ONE seems to be looking for a little girl!

Sorry, didn't mean to make it this long a msg....Carried her back around the lake and boy did I get wet on. (it wasn't lake water) I tried to assure her I would find her mommy. Got to boat ramp at dark and still no one is looking for this little girl! Called 911. They came, an uncle came, said parents were in town and HE was an uncle and didn't know the little girl was there..nor her brother. Anyway....let cops handle it. At cops direction I handed her over to her Uncle's wife. I went away. I purely think this is an extreme case of child neglect. The uncle said the kids were not in HIS camp, and the parents had gone to town!

Well, anyway I got lucky cause I decided to go find out what was going on. Poor little thing. Can just imagine how she felt bruised, lost, dark, no one looking for her. WOW!

Ended ok though.