+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS/FT: Some rods (boo + graphite)

Hybrid View

Default FS/FT: Some rods (boo + graphite)

Hi everyone,

I'm in need of a new 8wt (well, I don't NEED it, I want it though) and I have an abundance of rods that just don't get used.

Here's what I have on the block. I will work on photos later tonight though, so please be patient.

Bamboo:
    Montague Clipper 9' 3/1 - throws a WF5F nicely. Probably better with a 6wt. Beautiful cosmetically, but will need new ferrules (don't they always seem to need them?) No case or sock. ******Sold******

South Bend model 59 (24 actually, see below) - 9' 3/2 8wt. Bass taper. Beautiful reconditioned rod. Has a nicely done repair to middle section. Alumimum screw top case and SB sock. Fished it once for about 10 minutes since I got it. $125.00

Graphite:
    Custom 7' 2pc 4wt on deep blue rainshadow blank built by Mike Popick. Incredible custom Birch Bark grip. Winston style nickel silver reel seat. Nice med. fast action. I just have too many blueline rods and this one doesn't see any action. PVC case and sock. Lawn cast only. $175.00

Redington Red.Fly 7'6" 4/5wt 4pc. Med Fast action. Deep blue blank. This was my very first fly rod that I bought in 2003. Comes with a nice red zipper top case and a sock. Great shape, only saw a season of novice use before I started buying rods. 4/5wt. I like it with a WF5F but it gets much faster with a 4wt. This rod retailed new (and I paid that) for $160. Asking $100.00

Prices do not include shipping.

I'd be willing to trade for any combination of the above +/- cash etc. for a nice fast action 4pc. 8wt for mainly saltwater flats. Not looking for tomato stakes though. I'd consider a 9wt if you have a line to throw in. Some ideas:

- TFO TiCr, TiCrX, Axiom, Jim Tenney. I don't care for the action of the professionals.
    - St.Croix Legend Elite, Ultra, or Avid (prefer Ultra, I think)
    - Anything Sage (except DS2, Launch, and Flight), Winston (no Vapor), Scott
    - Would love to find an old Redington DFR!!!
    - Echo2
    - Anything custom built (as you can see I'm a sucker for customs)
    - Diamondglass GLR864, or GLR804 (Yeah, not an 8wt, but I'm addicted to my GLR663 and desperately want a longer 4wt version. If I find one my TFO 8'9" 4wt finesse may have to go)

Basically, I'm looking for a respectable 8wt that isn't necessarily a top end rod (unless its used and affordable).

PM me with any interests...

Jeff

Pictures can be seen here:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/trick1420/09RodSale#
    Last edited by starfish; 10-09-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Marked a rod as Sold

Default Southbend isn't a 59, it's a 24...

Boy did I mess up.

The Southbend that I listed as a 59 isn't... It's a 24.

Jeff

Default Pictures of the rods are here...

Some photos of the bamboo rods are up. Working on the rest...

http://picasaweb.google.com/trick1420/09RodSale#

starfish-I saw you were looking for and older Redington DFR. I have one that isn't being used but its a 9wt. Let me know if you're interested. rel

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    starfish-I saw you were looking for and older Redington DFR. I have one that isn't being used but its a 9wt. Let me know if you're interested. rel
    I'm definitely interested. Another forum member was kind enough to take me out on Choctawhatchee bay a couple of years ago, and I was able to use his 8wt DFR on some ladyfish. I really loved the action on that rod and said to myself that I should look for one for myself. What kind of shape is it in? Does it have a tube and sock? Are you wanting to work out a trade or sell it outright?

Jeff

Just a bump. Some interest, but nothing solid. I'm geting desperate to find an 8wt trade for my trip to Cape San Blas in October....

Look at your PM

Rick

When you say the mid section of the South Bend 24 has a nicely done repair, exactly what was the repair and who accomplished it?

Thanks.

Bob
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    When you say the mid section of the South Bend 24 has a nicely done repair, exactly what was the repair and who accomplished it?

Thanks.

Bob
    I bought the rod under the guise that it was perfect and never had any issues, When I received it, it had signs of a repair (and intermediate wraps added) that showed themselves in a nasty kink in the mid section. The repair was solid, and other than the kink you really couldn't detect it easily. I sent it to a guy named Mark Craig in Acworth, GA who has a pretty good reputation for boo repair on NGTO, and he stripped it, repaired the repair, straightened it as much as possible, and rewrapped/finished it. I bought the rod with the intent of hunting smallmouth. I just haven't been on a smallmouth trip in the two years since I had it repaired, and don't see that happening any time soon. It is unfished since it was redone. Nice rod too.

Jeff

Montague Clipper is now sold.

+ Reply to Thread