Thread: cought my first fist with flies.

Threaded View

Default cought my first fist with flies.

For the past month and a half i'v been fly fishing. try it, and love it. i was hook on fly fishing. i try all kinds of flies and try to read the waters. wasn't good at it. use the wrong flies and threw it at all the wrong places. but thanks to this site and the friendly people here. all the fly angler helping eachother out and posting what they know and dont know really helps. i keep on reading and reading, doing search and man i finally cought my first fish on flies. and it was just A-mazing. i felt so good and so happy i couldn't believe that i cought a fish and using the right fly...
    after weeks of practicing, casting,and buying flies. i finally cought a dream fish. check it out it was a brook trout. catch and release. threw the fly back in and bam.... another one with in 15 second. release it and said to myself, did i cought the same one again.....???? can't be.... threw it in again and bam less then one minute later another one... so i want to make sure i didn't just keep on catching the same one. i left it in the net and what bam another one... and another one. and another one again... it was just going crazy.... cought 13 brook trout around 5inch. then release them all...
    threw it back in once more for fun and cought a cut-bow at 8inch. release it.
    Lost lake is a good lake to fish.

here's my first fish pic.
    almost drop my phone in the water, was so happy. but picture didn't come out too well.

Last edited by fresnoflyman; 08-20-2009 at 07:52 AM.