Moon rising over the camp fire

Joey?s nice bow taken on a Caribou Mouse tied by Frank R

Silver on his Spey rod

Nice Buck Silver

Grayling that took a mouse

First pike x 2

Eagles Nest

Happy Camper

I guess some of you are wondering if I would take a 13 year kid again on such a trip. I think it depends on the kid and Joey is way into fishing. It was a lot of work with just the 3 of us but he never complained the whole time. Not even when he was shivering on the first day. PaPa Bears offers deals for kids and I used sky miles to get him a free ticked. So the cost to bring him was minimal except for equipment and clothing. We shared a tent so there was not much more gear than I would bring if I went alone. I think it was an experience of a lifetime and he has come back a changed young man. It takes a lot to survive out there for that many days and changing camps every day and you test yourself like you never before have. I?m still recovering and it?s been over a week. Forgot to mention that we had a kick butt jet boat ride back to Bethel where we averaged 40mph on the glass like river. Not sure if and when we will get a chance to go back but Joey said he is ready to go now. He is currently considering trying out for the Team USA Youth fly-fishing team. We missed the tryouts that were held in Montana while we were attending this trip. They will have some more tryouts this spring and we hope to attend.

Tight Lines,

Jet