... this year ??

Seems like I get interested in a particular type of fly or way of fishing once in a while and just go with it. A few years ago I fished nothing but elk hair caddis and renegades for months on end, with very satisfying results. Two years ago I decided to try streamers, which I hadn't paid much attention to, despite reading a lot about what fun they can be. Fished them a lot that year. And they can be a lot of fun.

Before this year, I could count the number of times I fished stonefly dries and hoppers on one hand, plus maybe a finger or two. This year, starting in late May, I came up with and started fishing a new salmonfly dry. Did just fine. Then it was a new golden stone. Did just fine. Then it was a new hopper. That one has been great. Most recently, another new golden stone dry that has fished very well, and probably gets taken as a hopper as much as it does a golden stone. Wondering where this will end, when it will end ?? Probably have another couple months of fishing hoppers, and something less for golden stones. That would make the best part of four months fishing two basic flies - stones and hoppers.

Have any of you gotten on a "run" with a particular type of fly or style of fishing this year ?? Is the end in sight for you ??

John