+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FLY FISHING ETTIQUETTE - Eye of the guide - August 17, 2009

Sometimes I feel dumber than dirt, for I have a problem seeing anything but good in people. On the stream I have never felt intimated or crowded.

I find myself always quite peaceful while on the water, seeming to always go around the bend a bit farther than most I guess.

I try to use a philosophy my dad had, treat people like you would want to be treated, be kind and considerate and always share.
    Clean up after myself and don't try to discuss my views with a stranger
    unless I am engaged in a polite conversation that lends itself
    in that direction.

FLY FISHING ETTIQUETTE = Common sense , I certainty appreciate the article and having it shared here... Good food for thought as well as most of these posts.

I just wanted to chime in...

take care

Steve
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

I get the impression most of the people who post here are pretty nice people who follow the original Golden Rule most of the time. Most of us may ruffle someone feathers occasionally but rarely intentionally. I find most people, including most of the guides I encounter to be pretty decent folks, John Scalley is one I see with some frequency and he is always pleasant and willing to share info. If I was so inclined to hire a guide for myself and a client, he and his brother would be the first I would call. Guides should consider everyone on the water as a potential future customer. Since I started trying to sell this year I consider every either a client or a potential client.

If I am trout fishing I generally don't know enough to offer much advice, except when I get the those recent residence who are using bait on the artifical only section. I would really like the DNR deputize me.

That my $.02, take it and add $.98 and you can get a cup of coffee at any McD's with change if you get the old folks discount. If you don't qualify, use mine.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

3. Default fly fishing ettiquette

Excellent article --- a must read for all fly fishermen.

Smile Fishing for preferences

I think I would rather fish with Mr. Molcsan, Coach Bob, or Uncle Jesse--sound like really kindly gentlemen. I really do hope Mr. DG's dental problem is solved.
    ggh

+ Reply to Thread