Reading allot locally about catching the Grayling and the upper Provo / Uinta's got me thinking about hitting it this weekend. Have an Annual pass and everything.
So off we go. No waders, no tubes, so I am thinking the rivers. We get up to Washington and Hubby said, let's go. Well we had Baxter with us and I knew he was going to love all these trees.
It seemed like it took forever to get there then walking forever....I WANNA FISH!!! Don't get me wrong, I loved the walking through the trees and all that, it's just...I WANNA FISH!!!![laugh]
I was getting cranky and then to top it off, I had my bamboo and my 10' TFO (Thinking it would be a nice edge on the shore fishing.) in my hand while walking through the forest. I look up and the top section of the TFO was gone. Okay...DO NOT WANT TO BE AROUND ME AT THIS POINT!!!![mad]
Hubby and Baxter backtracked and found it.

Well now we are dealing with COLD! and wind in the face. I was not quite dressed for the 8,000 foot more or less elevation.

I decided to give it my best and calm down. Tied on a big dry like a Tarantula. Rolled it on out there and a couple of good slams on the big dry. So I attached a 20" dropper with a Modified PT.
Rolled it on out and BAM on the nymph:

TIGER TROUT

Rolled it out again and BAM!

A BROOKIE:

Rolled it out again and BAM!

A RAINBOW:

Okay, I am a little freak about now and thinking what a killer fly.
Cast out one more time and this IS the forth cast with the Nymph.....BAM!!

GRAYLING:

CRAZY!!!! Caught more Rainbow and Brookies but had to time it between wind gusts

even one on the big old Dry fuzzy:

Besides being very cold and wind in the face...it turned out to be a pretty great day. Four Casts...Four different Species.

FG