Yesterday I had a "weird" day. Riley, my 15-year-old son and I took a friend and his new girlfriend fishing. I had zero idea who she was, but had no trouble recognizing "hot". Funny thing is she is a soap opera star and famous in lots of places. Folks kept staring at her everywhere we went and it could have been either "hot" or famous pulling the eyes.

Anyway, she insists she had never fished for anything, ever. Her first ten casts with a fly rod produced at least half that many humpies. I had her catch a bunch of humpies to get used to keeping her hands out of the line and doing whatever she could to keep from getting hurt. With silvers the real goal, after the practice.

Then the amazing stuff started happening... She suggested she needed to figure out how to remove her own hooks... Then she started unhooking MY fish for me! Amazed is not strong enough... Sadly she used my age as excuse to bend over right in frontttttttt... Oh was I typing something?

She caught silvers later and kept herself undamaged.

It rained like the proverbial cow versus the flat rock and it was chilly. The only thing close to a complaint was thanking me for firing up the heater in the rig while I was breaking down the rods because she admitted she was cold.

She allowed me to take photos but insisted they could not be posted or published... A real shame, that. Got home and checked the internet because I had no idea who she was and sure enough she is all over the soap opera stuff...

Amazing comment from her was how she found a long time ago that keeping her mouth shut, doing her work and never complaining made producers demand her...

Did I mention "hot"?
art