+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LMAO at Myself!

Hybrid View

Default LMAO at Myself!

Every once in a while, you discover something you've been doing, you've been doing all wrong....
    I have these Mageyes I got on one trip to my nearby Fly Store.
    Today I was curious if they have a web site.

Found out I've been struggling along wearing them UPSIDE DOWN all along.
    Dog-gone! Sure is easier right side up. Kinda like tri-focals what with none/half-eyes/ and correctly worn Mageyes
    In my defense though, there wasn't any instructions on the package that I recall, other than lense installation. I guess they expect you to be smarter than a bass.
    LMAO at myself...
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

Since I have them, Sonny, I was curious...I find no difference "up or down"....having said that I do note that I routinely wear mine with the frame bar up...that's different than shown on the web site....I just feel it's less obstructive that way...e.i. gives me a more "open" feel....

What trouble were you having?

Transitioning between no glasses, 1.75 reading glasses, and the Mageyes at the vise.
    Mostly just not use to the third form of magnification.
    When I put them on like the web site shows, it is easier for me because I tend to look over my readers for normal vision, then back through them for the keyboard or compooter.
    Worn the way the web site shows, I can set them into a sort of a tri-focal plane, and transition through being able to see my fly vise, tools and compooter display, and cabinets, out the window.
    It just cracked me up that I was using them "upside down". It never occurred to me they had an intended "this side up".

Typical American Male I'd suppose. Read the instructions later...
    We don't need no stinking road maps!
    Aging angry white male, as they like to call me these days.
    Just laughing at myself...
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

I've never seen them worn like the top pictures on that web site. I wear mine like the bottom-left picture (the guy working on what appears to be a wooden ship model?underneath the guy in the green shirt that's reading a book).

So, even their web site shows two ways to wear them (whew?).

FYI-From the manufacturer's website FAQ's:

Q: Is there a correct way to wear the MagEyes?

A: The MagEyes were designed to be worn with the lens flat side to the face and the lens bar (area where the lens sits) on the bottom. However, we do have a lot of gentlemen who like the bar on the top (they just turn the unit up side down) so they have unabstructed view thru the bottom of the lens area. People who wear bifocals seem to be more comfortable this way.

Thumbs up Not all bad.

Sonny,

Looking over the website I can see where someone might make that preference. I'd think the frame would go on top too.

Hey, maybe that's why they color a cigarette filter so smokers don't go trying to toke off the wrong end.. (OK...sorry..)

B'sides, at your (okay "our") age, I figure you might actually gain a few months if you can laugh at yourself!

+ Reply to Thread