Hello All! Before anything else I'd like to say "What a great site!"

A little about myself... I'm currently living in Yerington, Nv. It's a great place for fishing with the eastern Sierras within an hour, Tahoe, Pyramid Lake and the wonderful East Walker River just up the road.

I've been flyfishing since the mid 80's and have had the pleasure of fishing from Alaska to Venezuela and have caught everything from panfish to tarpon on the fly. I've been extremely lucky and blessed. Flyfishing takes you to the most beautiful places. My first fly rod was an Ugly Stick!

As for those learning this wonderful way of life....... patience is definitely a virtue. Learn from someone who has been around a while. Way back when, I happened to take the aforementioned Ugly Stick and booked a couple of days on the Madison.... one down the "beartrap" canyon (for plunking bitch creeks and other assorted nymphs) and another on the narrows above Ennis Lake (for dries)... What I didn't know when I picked a guide was that I happened to pick the legendary Johnny France. It was a wonderful experience with many a tale being told and some great casting lessons. I can't tell you how much that one trip did for my continued pursuit of this wonderful sport.

Cherish every fish you catch.. I've never been much of a fish eater, but even if you are, consider releasing what you catch. I think you'll find that whether it's a 6 inch brookie or a 100+ pound tarpon each fish you catch on a fly is special and will have it's place in your memory.

Sorry for running on.... Thank you again for allowing me in your wonderful group. I hope I can add some value!

Wes