+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7' 5 weight

Hybrid View

Default 7' 5 weight

I am looking for a 7' 5 weight. Any suggestions? I can find plenty of 7-1/2', but no 7'. Thanks.

Terry,

Orvis used to make one in the old Superfine series. It was called the Small Stream Special and it was a great little rod. You can still find them on the auction site from time to time.

Default 7ft 5wt

i have a like new im6 custom made for me 6' 10" 5wt 2pc med-fast action,fugi speed guides, with sock and tube, used a couple of times. to small for the river where i live. $150 or obo. if interested i'll take pics. thanks barry
    Last edited by arrow1347; 08-13-2009 at 09:46 PM.

I have an early WM featherlight 7' 6wt but it will throw anything really. It's glass. Not sure if you would be willing to look at glass rods. There seems to be alot that would fit what you are looking for..Mine is not for sale, but that might be an option for you.
    Janus

Default WR Classic

I actually owned the rod deathb4disco mentioned. It was a great rod. I gave it away to a newbie only because that's how I had gotten it, as a handout from a generous member on another board. I had been waving long sticks for a few years when I inquired about said rod and fished it for a few years before reverting back to an 8' 4wt for my go to, which of course has changed a couple of times since. Great rod for the money and a good looking one too.

Quote Originally Posted by terry13111 View Post
    I am looking for a 7' 5 weight. Any suggestions? I can find plenty of 7-1/2', but no 7'. Thanks.
    I have the rod you're looking for.

Orvis Silver Label Full Flex 5.5, 7' 2pc. 5wt. rod in pristine condition in cloth bag with green cordura rod tube. Since I usually use my 8' rod, this 7' rod has rarely been used except on one special small stream to which I am invited once or twice a year. Condition of rod/case is like new. Although this rod has been discontinued, I do have the warrantee card which has not been filled out and sent to Orvis.

I would like $200 for the rod, Paypal or MO, please.

Ron

A Tonka prince is a good entry level bamboo 5 wt.
    Walt

Default Orvis Silver Label 7' 5wt rod-2 pc.

As requested, here are a couple of photos of the rod showing its excellent condition, including the rod case and Orvis blank warrantee.

+ Reply to Thread