I made the side trip over to the lake and got in a couple hours of fly fishing. I'm glad it wasn't very hot, but it was quite windy by the time i got there...130pm or so...dinked around in Rogue River (the town of) for 45 mins or so but din't make any casts.

Emigrant has possibilities for an earlier in the day try. Later wouldn't have been any less windy i don't think. I didn't catch anything but got one surface boil on a topwater 'skittering minnow' pattern. Ran into a hiway worker and he was mentioning that the lake had been dropping noticibly each day lately. Had me follow him around to Emigrant Creek and i'll check my OR regs to see if that's open...might be interesting up high.

Songer Wayside was the place to go...i even got shaded parking and in two hours only two groups of two fishermen came in or left. Lake was very low but i can see the morning calm bite being good...might try that on the return trip. very easy turn around from the freeway. Looking forward to fishing Emigrant again...maybe some of the other nearby lakes also...could even go north via 97 and fish my way home that way. So much water and lots of spare time !
Thanks again to Panman for making my little side trip an easy one.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose