I love boats. I own 4 kayaks a canoe and a pontoon boat. Last year a bought a MOKAI jet kayak. It is perfect for traveling up the rivers around here for fishing. I don't have to shuttle or arrange drop offs or pick ups, and I can go out by myself any time. I don't use it on rivers with lots of bank or wade fishermen where I would be looked on as a pest , but on the large rivers the boat works great. When they are running the generators on the white river tailwaters the current is pretty swift (4 to 5 miles an hour) and in some of the shoales the current is much greater. Using my self propelled kayak I usually wear out after
only about two miles against the current. And to do even that much you have to read the river well and catch back currents whenever possible. You have to always look for the part of the river with the least current. The mokai is not a speed demon. Its top end is maybe 15mph at best. But the jet type engine allows you to boat in shallow water (4 to 6 inches) with no trouble, It has a 6 hp honda engine and is relatively quite. I can stand and flyfish from it or I can sit on the front deck with my feet in the cockpit. For the most part ,however, I use it the get from hole to hole and then wade fish. Now I wouldn't get rid of my paddle powered kayaks, since there are many situations where I prefer them. But Ireally love the MOKAI. I installed a cheap chinese winch in the back of my pickup and made a ramp with casters that I can hook on the tailgate. Thus with the push of a button I can pull the boat up and into the truck with no effort. (The MOKAI weighs 100 lbs without the motor, which comes out and in easily). I can put the boat in the truck myself without the winch but it is so much easier with it. The only drawback to the MOKAI is that whenever I run into anyone on the river or at a launch site I encounter lots of interest in the thing. I end up having to spend time telling them all about it. (I really don't mind).