Supposedly, if you put the pontoons on a Hobie, you can stand to cast/fish. I haven't bothered doing that on either of my Outbacks but I have considered it many times.

For backing up, I carry a short (18", maybe 12"...shortest I could find) wooden paddle. It looks like a really tiny canoe paddle.

I can easily use it one-handed to back up, push away from a dock, etc. It cost maybe twenty bucks I think at a local outdoors store.

I've fished from my Outbacks on lakes, ponds, and rivers (with slow current). I know folks that take them in the ocean but for that, I'd want one of the Hobie models that are longer (and thus faster).

I added a simple sailing cleat along the top about as far back as I can comfortably reach. I slip the anchor line into it and can easily pop it out (some cleats are closed on top...I went with one that's always open). If you get hung up in current or wind, being able to toss your anchor line overboard can be important (on any small watercraft). A float on the winding-end of the line will hopefully let me retrieve it later.

When it's really shallow or really weedy (small ponds for chasing bass/bluegill), I stow the pedals and just paddle. I'm a big guy and can still skim over the weeds to get to places float-tubers struggle with (their legs dangle too far down into the salad).

I've caught fish literally within inches of the side of the kayak so I'm not worried about having to cast while sitting. It's no more limiting than a float tube. Line management is just as important as in a float tube so you don't tangle on everything in sight.

Good luck with whatever you end up with.