Hi all,

As you could see from my profile, I'm new to this board and a novice at fly-fishing. I've only been fly-fishing about a dozen times, but I enjoy it more and more every time I go. In fact, fly-fishing is about the only kind of fishing that gets a response from me.

Anyway--in mid-October, my wife and I will be making a trip to Houghton, Michigan on the Upper Peninsula. Since my wife will be busy, and I'll have some time on my hands, I'd like to take my gear and get some fishing in.

I've been surfing the web looking for information, and while I find lots of sites for guides, I don't see a lot of information listed for the Houghton area. Most of the activity seems to be oriented toward the Marquette area well to the east.

I'd like to stay within an hour's drive of Houghton because these will have to be day trips out of Houghton.

I've seen a book on Amazon by Jim Bedford (if I recall correctly) about fishing in Michigan. Will this book provide the information I need about what's in the area around Houghton and maps to public access spots?

Thanks for any information you can provide--looking forward to learning lots on this board.

Ray