+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best prices on Z-Axis?

Hybrid View

Default Best prices on Z-Axis?

Wondering if any of you know where the best prices on Sage Z-Axis rods can be found? I've heard that there are deals out there, but I can't find them!

Feel free to PM if you'd rather.

Thanks,
    TZB

Normand Guest

whenever i do a GOOGLE or BING search, i will add the words "lowest price" after the item i'm looking for and most times there is a reward.

Sage is very strict regarding pricing on their products. All licensed distributors are on contracts AND they will immediately terminate the agreement if they catch anyone undercutting those prices.

IF you happen to find someone willing to risk their ability to purchase products in the future, keep it private.

Good luck in your quest.

TJ -

I'd like some Fillet Mignon...
    At a Big Mac price...

Anybody know where I can find some?
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll keep looking around. And to Sonny...well, there are 3 Sage rods in the tying room that I paid full price for, including a TCR...so I'm no stranger to paying too much for a fly rod!

If you find a Z-Axis you will and I mean you will love it. I have a 8' 6" 4wt. 4pc. It does everything from slow work to fast work. Best $2 bucks I ever spent...
    I was born at night, but not last night.
    Odds are with the prepared...

Quote Originally Posted by thezugbug View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, I'll keep looking around. And to Sonny...well, there are 3 Sage rods in the tying room that I paid full price for, including a TCR...so I'm no stranger to paying too much for a fly rod!
    Never fished a Sage rod, myself. I'm not into names, nor acronyms for models that anybody with a plastic card can also own.
    I fish with Bamboo rods. Each one unique, no body has one like any of them.
    I'm not a "bargain hunter" either. But I am a sly shopper.
    When I find something I want, I buy it and enjoy it.
    But I never look for steak at a fast-food price.
    Perhaps the brand conscience are missing the real reason for fly fishing, and are merely collectors of the same gear the next fat wallet can duplicate.
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

Quote Originally Posted by thezugbug View Post
    Wondering if any of you know where the best prices on Sage Z-Axis rods can be found? I've heard that there are deals out there, but I can't find them!

Feel free to PM if you'd rather.

Thanks,
    TZB
    The BEST PRICE *CANNOT* BE FOUND ON A WHIM!! Right now it is a BUYERS MARKET THO, so you can find z-axis, xp's at more than half off on the *USED* market. Heck, I know someone who got a winston 2bx, over $700 new for just $200!! And someone who got a zpey spey rod which goes for about $1000 for just $150. Where? well FAOL classifieds are a good source, as are the classifieds on kiene.com, washingtonflyfishing.com, speypages.com. But bottom line, if you want a specific rod TODAY, then it has changed from a supply situation to a DEMAND situation and fly shops sell at msrp unless on closeout (the xi 2 is about to be on closeout, so if you buy a xi2 at anything more than %60 of retail you are a, well you can figure it out).

You realize that cabelas is selling BRAND NEW sage xp's for the whoppingly low price of just $390, right?
    B

Here's one on sale (guessing it's a demo).

http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.ph...&target=322807

+ Reply to Thread