+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best prices on Z-Axis?

Default Best prices on Z-Axis?

Wondering if any of you know where the best prices on Sage Z-Axis rods can be found? I've heard that there are deals out there, but I can't find them!

Feel free to PM if you'd rather.

Thanks,
    TZB

Normand Guest

whenever i do a GOOGLE or BING search, i will add the words "lowest price" after the item i'm looking for and most times there is a reward.

Sage is very strict regarding pricing on their products. All licensed distributors are on contracts AND they will immediately terminate the agreement if they catch anyone undercutting those prices.

IF you happen to find someone willing to risk their ability to purchase products in the future, keep it private.

Good luck in your quest.

TJ -

I'd like some Fillet Mignon...
    At a Big Mac price...

Anybody know where I can find some?
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll keep looking around. And to Sonny...well, there are 3 Sage rods in the tying room that I paid full price for, including a TCR...so I'm no stranger to paying too much for a fly rod!

If you find a Z-Axis you will and I mean you will love it. I have a 8' 6" 4wt. 4pc. It does everything from slow work to fast work. Best $2 bucks I ever spent...
    I was born at night, but not last night.
    Odds are with the prepared...

They are the best rods i have found period. I have sold all my older rods and replaced them with the z-axis models. 9' 3wt 10' 4wt 9' 5wt 10' 5wt
    11' 7wt i cant stop myself i need HELP!!!!!
    Catch and Release So Others Can Enjoy Them

Quote Originally Posted by thezugbug View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, I'll keep looking around. And to Sonny...well, there are 3 Sage rods in the tying room that I paid full price for, including a TCR...so I'm no stranger to paying too much for a fly rod!
    Never fished a Sage rod, myself. I'm not into names, nor acronyms for models that anybody with a plastic card can also own.
    I fish with Bamboo rods. Each one unique, no body has one like any of them.
    I'm not a "bargain hunter" either. But I am a sly shopper.
    When I find something I want, I buy it and enjoy it.
    But I never look for steak at a fast-food price.
    Perhaps the brand conscience are missing the real reason for fly fishing, and are merely collectors of the same gear the next fat wallet can duplicate.
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

Default Sonny, don't be so cynical...

Sonny, so you love a great bamboo rod that is as unique as the hand that holds it. Would you wish your brain surgeon use a hand crafted blade held in his human hand or the laser knife proven to have unsurpassed precision...after all it is only a brain tumor that is being removed.

I've got a couple of pretty fun bamboo rods and some fiberglass gems. I've also got some Z Axis rods (4, 5, 5, 7, 7 spey) that are truly delightful in my hands, deliver the line where and how I want. I've also got some other rods, some more affordable, some with other fancy names like ZXL, GLX, TiCr-X and the list goes on.

The guy asked for any knowledge about deals and you chide him about wanting steak for fast food prices. Maybe you should be more creative and tell him that sometimes he just has to save up for what he wants and sometimes you just have to try to find a good used Z Axis or one that was hand crafted by a passionate fly rod builder out of a blank...where a guy looking for the finest dining might just get that four course meal and save a few bucks...not fast food, but damn good food at a deal.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Edmonds View Post
    Never fished a Sage rod, myself. I'm not into names, nor acronyms for models that anybody with a plastic card can also own.
    I fish with Bamboo rods. Each one unique, no body has one like any of them.
    I'm not a "bargain hunter" either. But I am a sly shopper.
    When I find something I want, I buy it and enjoy it.
    But I never look for steak at a fast-food price.
    Perhaps the brand conscience are missing the real reason for fly fishing, and are merely collectors of the same gear the next fat wallet can duplicate.
    how do you know tzb doesn't feel the same way about sage rods that you do about bamboo? not sure if there is any difference between a bargain hunter and a sly shopper, if there is please enlighten me. fail to understand a veiled personal attack on someone who is trying to stretch his disposable dollars as far as he can. in this economy who can blame him? and due to the economy you absolutely can get steak at fast food prices. just check the want ads on this forum for several examples. good luck in your search tzb.

+ Reply to Thread