+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Changes at Winston Rod Co.

Default More Changes at Winston Rod Co.

The following article was in this morning's Helena paper. It might be of interest to those who have a preference for fishing cane.
    [url=http://www.helenair.com/articles/2005/12/05/montana/a05120505_02.txt:938c8]http://www.helenair.com/articles/2005/12/05/montana/a05120505_02.txt[/url:938c8]

Thanks for bringing this to the forefront John.

??We?re still going to make them the same way,?? Woodard said.

Suure ya are Mr Woodward!!! Suuurre ya are.....

A sad day indeed. My best respects, condolences and wishes go out to Glenn Brackett and the 4 or 5 craftsmen that went out the door with him.

Sorry but now I won't (will not) be buying any Winston rods. And that hurts those still there doesn't it.

Sad.

Jeremy.

When this personnel issue first surfaced there were many post by people saying they were going to get ride of all of their Winston rods. I have been looking on e-bay and else where for the fire sale but I must have missed it. When all of the Winston haters start dumping their rods would someone announce here so I and others can pick up some great rods for pennies on the dollar!!!!!!

RoyC

When My gunsmith/stock maker sold his business to a KID I thought it would be the end of a era. The fact is the KID does better work than the old pro. this may be the start of a new era with even better rods. Lets all wait and see before we condem the change at Winston.

Rich

I love it when they say "Our goal is to continue to build the best bamboo rods in the world right here in Twin Bridges"

I don't think they built the best bamboo rods to start with.... I like their rods, but I don't think they are the "best".

I own a couple of bamboo rods, and none of them are Winston.

But's that just my opinion.

------------------
    Ken

"The memory of a fisherman is more like fiction than journalism, that is, it doesn't ignore the facts, but it is not entirely bound by them, either."

John Gierach

JC;
    Rich said it right! Oft times the Whippersnappers are down right better, plus they are up on all the latest tech stuff!!

Sounds like time to find a gifted and experienced boo craftsman to bring in.

8. Default

If you want the best bamboo rod just buy a T & T and quit worring about whats going on at Winston.

Stevie Ray Vaughn could play Jimmie Hendrix better than Jimmie Hendrix could.

Right on, Rich! You called it! We may be witnessing the birth of a new, and improved, era!

Fred

I have seen a Winston bamboo rod once, real pretty rod but if "the best bamboo rod in the world" is your desire order it from Mr Kusse.

+ Reply to Thread