yep. definatly No tube in moving water ! its a accident waitin to hapen. i would go with a good pontoon. when i was in high school, me & 4 other people in my class decided we would get some inner tubes amd float down the sabine river to lousiana durring spring break. no one knew exactly where we went cause we didnt tell nobody. we would float durring the day and camp at night. the river was up more than normal but wasnt flooded. we put in after gathering some things & headed down river. everything wseemed to go great the first 2 days. 3rd mornin we got up early as usual, had some cofee and toast which was just stale bread scortched over a fire then launched back into the sabine. we got to a shallow place in the river that lasted about 10 minutes of floating which was only knee deep. next thing we know it gets very deep, murky lookin and stronger current. there was a forked tree trunk in there stuck out from the bank underneath the water that none of us seen. 3 of us made it through but the 4th got his shoelace snagged by one of the forks of the trunk. it happened fairly quickly, jerked him off the tube & he was under. took 2 of us to git him out. everything turned out fine but could have been a different ending. it was sposta be a whole week of floatin but we cut it short. after that someone allways knew where i was going and about when i was sposta be back.