+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginner's Only Fly Sway (Advance Notice)

Default October 1st, 2009

I will post the notice for Beginner's Only Fly Sway, which will be a series of 5 monthly swaps. I will accept the first ten applicants, in order of their emails.

November-January-February-March -April! Each month will be a different catagorie of fly pattern, my call. More delails on October 1st. Swapmeister Parnelli

"If you are not having fun, either you're doing something wrong, or you're doing the wrong thing!"

Blog Entries

I've only been tying for about a year and sure have a lot of fun with it. This sounds like fun and a great way to meet folks. If there is room, I would like in on it.

Steven,

Al would be proud of you for doing this beginner's swap. This will really be a lot of help to the new tyers. Great job! I'm proud of you and darn glad you are back! You were missed!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I would like to be in....but think might already have the ten. I have all the material and vises....just need help getting out the starting gate. I have not tied more than 5 flies and am still in the that material, hook, and wooly worm stage.

I think this would get me off and running. It's what I need to feel like I am beginning to understand how to do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gemrod View Post
    I would like to be in....but think might already have the ten. I have all the material and vises....just need help getting out the starting gate. I have not tied more than 5 flies and am still in the that material, hook, and wooly worm stage.

I think this would get me off and running. It's what I need to feel like I am beginning to understand how to do it.
    There is another post under this category giving the email to use to get in on the swap. It says there are still 3 spots.

Yes, I saw that post and therefore asked to be in. But I counted approx nine on this thread already. So..maybe....maybe not.

However I am in error on the number of flies I have tied. I did tie flies for Al Campbell's bench...but it is a simple tie. And I still had to tie about 25 of them to get enough to select from and send in.....and even those weren't all that great. The Becker Lake Special. Basically a brown wooly worm with a yarn circle tail.

Then I also tied flies for JC's auction.

But I had to get help on that one. I didn't know the right size hackle to use...

I'm still just in the wooly worm phase. You get off into other flies and I'm lost.

We'll see. Thanks for the encouragement.

Jim

+ Reply to Thread