Hello all,

When I fish I usually go with just a dry fly, as that is the type of pattern I learned to fish with. However, for the past few years (since I started reading about fishing more) I keep reading about how fishing a dropper rig is a great way to catch more fish. I have never been good at fishing nymphs because I can never detect a strike, so I figured this dropper rig is something I should try. So, for the past year or so I have been using dropper rigs, with no success in the fisrt fifteen minutes of use except in catching trees. At that point I generally switch to only a dry on the line.

Well, when I was fishing this weekend, I had my dropper rig on the line (stimulator with a bead head prince) and was fishing a good looking plunge pool when the stimulator shoots underwater and I feel a decent fish on the line. It seemed the tatcic had finally worked for me. However, as I reached down to land the fish, it shook the line (barbless hooks for me). Someday, I will land a fish on a dropper, just not yet.