Hat I was The first time I ever picked up a fly rod was a couple of weeks ago, when I was on a trip to the mountains in colorado.I had never fished for trout and never fished in a stream. After an uncle and cousin of my wife came back day after day with their daily limits of trout, I decided that I had to give it ago. I tried one day using my ultralight with some sucess on worms. Fly fishing seemed like too much work and a little over whelming for me. Until one day I walked to the little store and bought a fly fishing kit. It was 25 dollars and came with 3 flys and just enough line. I went straight to the river and started fly fishing for the first time in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I had no idea what I was doing. Just new what I had picked up watching some people fish while we were rafting the day before. I had a bunch of terrable casts and no fish. I finally had a good cast, as soon as it hit the water a descent sized brook trout swolled the fly. After that one good cast I couldn't do it again. That was. The only fish I caugh that day. The next day I went out with wifes uncle and he showed me a few things. I couldn't stop catching fish that day or the next day. The only fish I kept was my first trout on my first fly rod. A day I will never foget, and I will keep that rod for ever. I will post a pick of my very first trout later today. Now I can't wait to get back on the water and I will return to that same spot that I learned to fly fish for as long as I can. The only lesson that I can pass on at this time is that the propwr cast is just as important or more important as the right fly
David