+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruitcake

Default Fruitcake

Not sure where to post this, but my wife made the "Grandma's Fruitcake" recipe from What's Cooking. It was easy to make, it made several fruitcakes, and was very tasty.

Just wanted to pass along some positive feedback. Thanks for the article.

Lux

------------------
    If you can't do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

We too made the fruitcake recipe to give as Christmas gifts. They never made it out of the house. Chocolate stuff went out instesd. HMmmmmm. Maybe there's still one small piece left.........................
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Wow, I thought I was the only one in the world that actually liked fruitcake! Some of those fossilized specimens that people send around aren't too great, but I really like some of the better ones - especially if they're not all dried out and 5 years old!

Sparse

My family has a fruitcake, been in the family for generations. It weights 300 pounds and it sleeps by the door....

Actually I love fruitcake ~ Parnelli

Fishlux, Lew, I'm happy to know that someone actually made and enjoyed the recipe that I posted. LF made it too and liked it! any more?

Ol' Bill

Two co-workers raved about it and my friend (never tried fruitcake) said, "It was great, I don't know what the jokes are all about."

Lux

+ Reply to Thread