I am a big fan of Scott rods and bought two new G2's last winter. Yesterday, I finally took out the G2 906-4 out to the bass pond. This is the second time I fished this rod. While assembling the butt section to the other three sections, the male ferrule on the butt was missing. At first, for a moment, I thought I may have mixed up the butt with another rod. Upon further inspection and holding the rod upside down while looking into the blank, the male ferrule piece slid out from the butt section. Here is my question, I had thought the the internal ferrules were part of the blank instead of an independent piece that is, I assume is epoxied into the blank. Is this correct? If this is the case, it appears that the male piece was fitted to the blank but not glued in, overlooked at the factory.

I have not talked to the factory as it is Sunday, but wanted to ask if any of you know how they fit and secure the male ferrule into the blank, before I talk to them. I am hoping that they will pick up the $35 shipping and handling fee (which is a bit steep) to repair a manufacturing defect. The sad thing is the box elder spacer on this rod is really nice. I have two other G2's and this spacer is one of the prettiest I have seen on any rod in a long time. Any insight from the forum is appreciated.