Absolutely one of the best gadgets out there for fishing small flies. I use mine all the time, and would be hard pressed to fish midges (18-26) without it, especially during the winter.

I keep cross-lock tweezers on a zinger on my left, and use them to pick a midge out of a closely-packed C&F box. Then, I pick the fly off the tweezers with the Ty-Rite (zinger on my right), thread the tippet, and give it a few spins with the Ty-Rite. (This is MUCH easier to do with the tool than with one's fingers, especially if they're cold.)

Once you finish and trim the knot, you release the fly from the Ty-Rite, or leave it in place if you want to add weight, etc.

Throughout this operation, you can simply drop either tool (since they're on zingers) with the fly in place, to do other things...like put away the fly box, zip a pocket, fish out a container of shot, etc.

All this is much easier to do than to explain, believe me. The Ty-Rite is truly useful and very reasonably priced. Probably not needed for 14s & bigger, but great for the small stuff.