+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8 Riverodeo

Hybrid View

Default 8 Riverodeo

Hi Everyone,
    I've wanted to post this all week, but delayed by kids, work, etc. Last weekend I had the pleasure of participating in the " 8 Riverodeo ". It is a charity event to benefit Project Healing Waters. The object is to catch one fish in each of 8 rivers. Day one we fished the Colorado, Roaring Fork, Frying Pan, and Crystal rivers. On day two we fished The Gunnison, Taylor, East, and Slate rivers. It was more difficult than it sounds.15 teams out of 35 did not make it past day one and only 15 teams had all river takes! We managed an all river take but not the winners over all. We did have a great time with good people for a great charity.You can see more at www.8riverodeo.com.

Blog Entries

Someone from that event stopped at the FS recreational user survey checkpoint on Kebler Pass last Saturday and I gave them some directions for the Taylor area. They seemed to be having a lot of fun and were looking forward to finding some fish over there. Gave them my card and this URL, and had been wondering how things went.

I stopped in Basalt on Friday the 24th for some ice. It was immediately obvious on the lower 'Pan and in town that something was going on. Saw tons of people wearing black shirts with this on it. Now I know...
    "Engineers don't idle well."

+ Reply to Thread