Well the 2009 2 week vacation to my cabin on the Au Sable is in the books for yet another year. This year the fishing was up & down to say the least due to weather, but still some good fish were caught. I was also joined by a few forum members for a few days so it was a good time no matter the fish bite or not.

Started out the first day doing some work on the cabin that needed to be done, but the 2nd day fish were on my mind and Paul (rifleriversteelheader) must have had fish on his mind as well because just as I was finishing some painting at the cabin in pulls Paul ready to go fishing with me. The wind was brutal for the first few days and Paul&I had to battle some strong gusts of wind but we did manage the first few fish of the trip on the fly.

Headed North!

One of mine from the first day out

And Paul with a scrappy one

The next day I decided to forgo the boat due to wind and not being able to anchor the boat in the 30+mph winds. So I went to a fav spot of mine and waded with the 10'7wt CTS with a EP fiber streamer and it paid off. First two fish that day were back to back 18" smallies.

First 18"er